Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The moment you become a year older...

...it never really feels that different.
Try telling that to your year-younger self. One year ago, I hadn't lost the love of my life. One year ago, I hadn't made so many mistakes. One year ago, I hadn't gotten hit by a car. I hadn't been jaded, I hadn't become lost, and I hadn't found myself. One year ago I didn't have a job, nor did I have so many great memories with so many awesome people. I hadn't realized I wasn't unbreakable. I hadn't realized how reckless I was. I hadn't experienced things that made me thankful just to be able to laugh or wash my hair. I hadn't forgiven some people, and I hadn't yet needed forgiveness from others. So no, in a moment, there's not much that changes. But in a year, there's plenty.

No comments: