Thursday, October 22, 2009

Are we growing up? Or just going down?

It seems that life is getting the better of me these days. And it makes me laugh a little... to remember that time when I realized how stress-free 8th grade really was... and now... I'm realizing how stress-free high school was compared to, you know, life. Not that it wasn't tough. It's just nothing comparatively.

Lately I feel that I don't really know who I am. What's new? 18-year old, freshman college student... But I never thought I'd be one of those. I guess I was wrong again. And maybe it's not so much that I don't know who I am... as I know exactly who I am, and I just can't be that person. Maybe that should tell me something... yet, what I am to do about it I'm really not sure.

What do I love? I love driving... taking photos... playing frisbee in the park... performing... dinner & a movie... bumming around with my best friend... watching scary movies with the guys... kicking back... watching football games... going to the beach... being free from the world...
and most of it is so far out of my reach.

What I do have though.
My love of the River City. I live in the Honors College Housing, across from a deserted bookstore, a club, and a hookah bar. The diversity makes me so happy. (:

I have an upcoming officer position in Green Unity. And I could not be more supertotallystoked! :D

I have my bestie. One block down.

And. I have my determination. And I've never been one to give up. Or I've never wanted to be. I guess I actually have to work for those things that I crave now. I'll have to work really really hard.
And I will.

No comments: