Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The moment you look back on how far you've come.

A year ago, I was struggling with one of the biggest challenges I had faced in my life up to that point. Holden had just left for basic, I was alone, scared, taking care of myself, and trying to juggle school, work, guard, and friendships (successful and failing).

And now, a year later, I'm in a new apartment (and about to move to yet another one), with a new job, I've lost at least one friend and gained a couple more really good ones. I've met someone truly amazing that completely caught me off guard. I'm still alone at the moment, but I'm not lonely. Holden and I aren't together, which I thought would never happen, and I'm having feelings for someone else that I never thought I could have. I've realized that I do have the strength to make it on my own. I've realized that the only thing in my life that I know will never change is my best friend. And I've realized that a year flies by way too fast to spend it being afraid to speak your mind or take a chance. I feel like I've done more with myself in the past 4 months than I have in the past year or 2, and I like the feeling. I'm ready to take a chance and start this new chapter in my life and see where it takes me, because there's no going back. Only forward motion. And forward is where I want to go.

No comments: