Sunday, November 21, 2010

The moment your muscles start to ache...

...and nothing in the world could be wrong.
Stretching. Spinning. Feeling every muscle in my body working like they haven't in months. Waking up and feeling that lingering ache that tells me that I worked my hardest. And it's only the beginning. The moment I step into a gym, and see all of the people I love... the moment we all pile into our cars and make a trip to the grocery store in our tanks and shorts in the middle of winter, shrieking with laughter the whole way there and singing our hearts out... the moment it all just comes back to me, like something so familiar, like something that is ingrained into my very being... I know that there is nowhere else I'd rather be. I don't belong anywhere else. And in that moment, nothing else matters.

No comments: