1. enjoying personal rights or liberty.I'm glad that I'm free from whatever anyone else thinks, assumes, or believes about me. It frees me to be me, and that's so much more fulfilling and so much less tiring than being anybody else.
2. existing under, characterized by, or possessing civil and political liberties that are, as a rule, constitutionally guaranteed by representative government.
3. exempt from external authority, interference, restriction, etc., as a person or one's will, thought, choice, action, etc.; independent; unrestricted.
4. able to do something at will; at liberty.
5. clear of obstructions or obstacles, as a road or corridor.
6. exempt or released from something specified that controls, restrains, burdens, etc.