Friday, December 16, 2011

A moment to look back.

December 16, 2004.

They say that a lot can change in a year. You don't notice the little changes along the way, but then you look back and realize that everything has changed.

A lot can change in a year. Everything can change in seven.

Usually, around this time of year, no matter where I am, who I am, who I'm with, or what I'm going through, I start having those feelings again. It's just how it is, how it's always been. It's December. It's Christmas. It's our day. Today.

Not this time. Not anymore. I'm not letting the past control my feelings anymore. Things change. Feelings change. People change. Everything changes.

Seven years. I don't regret a thing. Not a single, damn thing. And that's how I'm going to live my life. I'm going to live for today, and for the future. Not for December 16, 2004. Not for the memory of a love that we shared on a day that I will never get back.

No comments: