Friday, August 5, 2011

To worry (v.):

1. to torment with cares, anxiety, etc.; trouble; plague.
2. to be or cause to be anxious or uneasy.
3. to disturb the peace of mind; bother.
I can worry until my hair turns grey. But where will that get me, really? I can worry about money, about finding a job... worry so much that it keeps me up at night. What will it do though? When I've done all I can do, when I've applied to all the jobs I can and am as qualified as I'm going to be without getting some more experience, what good is worrying? There's no space on the application for me to answer: "How much time have you spent worrying about getting this job? How much do you have invested in this?" If there was, well, I guess I'd be better off. But there's not, so all I can do is trust that I've done my part, and what is to come will come if that's the way it's supposed to be.

No comments: