Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lo Siento...

I'm going to be quite frank here... I really f-ing hate it when someone says sorry. Not like "oops I accidentally spilled my drink on you" sorry, like "I just beat down your character and all of your feelings and after a night of knowing that I've hurt you I'm going to tell you I'm sorry and expect it to all be okay" sorry. It's so frustrating.

I mean really.
Scenario 1: Person A accidentally steps on Person B's foot. "Oops, I'm sorry, I'll pay more attention next time. It won't happen again." You apologize, and DON'T DO IT AGAIN. Hmmm, what a concept. It was an accident, it's understandable, but you really are sorry for what you did and therefore make an effort to stop doing it.

Scenario 2, which most often happens to me: Person A purposefully hurts Person B. Person A knows they've hurt them, and says sorry. The next day, Person A does the same thing again. And says sorry again. And makes no effort to stop what they're doing because they're not actually sorry they just don't want to deal with the consequences of hurting Person B.

So why can't it just be like, Scenario 3: Person A purposefully hurts Person B. But Person A cares so much about Person B, that they feel bad about hurting them and want nothing more than to make them feel better. So, they apologize, they stop whatever they're doing to hurt Person B, and do something else in order to make Person B happy, because that's what they truly care about.

Mind boggling.

Thus, I hate the concept of sorry. Or at least what it's become.

No comments: