Friday, June 26, 2009

SKTCH SITU 101: Intro to Hella Sketch Situations

Now in order to give this story the credit it deserves, I'm going to give you a little background that may not seem to correlate at first, but trust me, it all comes together.


A few weeks ago, Holden and the guys went out to the quarry in Goochland to be idiots and jump off of cliffs and such. A few days later, Holden called me all sad, telling me that he couldn't find my class ring, which he wore around his neck at all times. He looked for it around the farm, but I finally resigned myself to the fact that it was gone forever.


I just got a new job, and yesterday and today, had to attend job training for it over on Hull St. So, in the middle of training, I get a text from a friend saying that his sister's friend found my class ring at the quarry in Goochland and he gave me her number.


So, I'm going to leave training today, and my car won't start. (I'm in Richmond... on Hull St... btw.) So, I open the hood and try to start my car and a couple of guys walk by like, "Yo, there somethin wrong wit yah starter." So, I'm like wonderful. Then this man comes over and says that he'll try to give me a jump. So he brings over his old blue Ford that barely runs itself, and gives me a jump. Luckily, that did the trick.


So, I go home and call Amy and we plan to go out to Fourth Fridays. She comes and picks me up, and we go over there. (We didn't actually end up going but that's not important.) So on the way we realize that her car is on E. Also, I texted this girl that apparently had my ring and asked her where she could meet me. She said Lucky's on 711. I didn't want to go by myself, so Amy and I agreed that we'd go back to my house, use my car, and go out there. So we did.


When we got home, my car wouldn't start. Again. So, we got cables out of Amy's car and jumped my car. I texted the girl to tell her that we were on our way. So we get there, and without thinking, I turn off my car. Bad. idea. Of course, now it won't start. The gas station is completely deserted, and the girl hasn't gotten there yet. So we go inside and ask the man if they sell jumper cables, which they don't. As we're walking inside, we hear a storm warning alert come over the speakers. And at this point we're pretty much going, "FML." Finally, the girl calls and says that she's on her way. We also asked a very nice lady who apparently works at VCU if she had jumper cables, which she kindly ran home and got for us.


So, while we were waiting, we went inside and got an energy drink, and of course, did some documentation.

The ominous storm at the hella sketch gas station.

My dead car... and the perfect horror movie scenario.

F. Our. Lives.

Drug of choice... caffiene.

And of course its consequences.

Thankfully, we came out of said situation alive and with no attacking or raping occuring, I got my ring back, and we got one hell of a story. :)

*sigh* Only us.

Peace.

2 comments:

Amy Watlington said...

=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

i.love.us.

and the word i have to write in the word verification thing to post this is "catorn". i don't know if it's a real word.

and it said i wrote it wrong. so the next word i have to write to replace "catorn" is "exemedb". i really hope that's not a real word.

Chelsea Laine said...

:D