Well. What is this second job, you ask? A sales representative for Vector Marketing Corporation (Since 1981), demonstrating and selling CUTCO (Since 1949) cutlery, flatware, garden tools, and sporting knives.
So what's my problem?
- Am I going to actually make any more money at this job?
- Income directly reflects how many appointments one gets/how much merchandise one sells.
- but what if they just aren't interested?
- What if the economy is too bad to sell?
- What if I do poorly and I waste my time and gas?
- There's a lot at stake with a sales job... it's not necessarily a steady income.
- When am I going to have time to have a summer?
- I have to have at least about 2 appointments a day Monday through Friday to make good pay... and that's on top of my Gold's Gym job.
Maybe I'll remember this in the days to come. If not, it's documented... so there's proof that I was sane at one point.